
Well, anyone who knows me knows that I have been dreading this day since last May. I hesitated doing it but decided it was me who wasn't ready, not him. What am I referring to? My big boy Luke went to Kindergarten today. I am saddened because once they go to school you lose some of that sweet innocence that you want to hang onto. Luke went to kindergarten evaluations and passed with flying colors. His preschool teacher assured me that he was ready and she would tell me if she thought otherwise. So I gave in and sent him. He never once complained of being nervous, walked right into school, got in line and headed into class. Wow! He blew me away! I think part of it is that he is ready to be like his big brother and being that he is my thinker, he is just plain ready for more learning! So when we were asked to leave, there he sat at a round table in a blue chair. He had on his green shirt and was curiously glancing around the room. It hit me at that moment that he is going to do great and I should have never doubted it! He is much, much stronger than I give him credit for. I guess I tend to baby him as he's been through so much at such a young age. Now I am excited and anxious to see where this child is going to go! He will do great and we are already so proud of him!
Was I excited for him? Sure. Do I want him to make new friends and learn about life? You bet. Was my heart bursting into a million pieces? Absolutely! Did I hold it together? Barely. Him basically telling me that everything is going to be
ok? Priceless. We love you, Luke!

Watch out Kindergarten! Here I come!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment