Well, once again it has taken me a while to sit down and post. So sorry! We really have been keeping busy but it's mostly with everyday stuff and nothing too exciting to report. The kids will start back to school in 6 days! Wow! Luke will have his first day of Kindergarten and Grant will be in 2nd grade! Time really does fly!
We did have the opportunity recently to go to a tractor pull with my dad. He takes us every year just as he took me every year as a little girl. I loved going with him and seeing all the "smoker tractors." I loved the rumbling in my stomach when the modified class started. But most of all ,I think I loved the fact that for one night I got to eat total junk!!! Corn dogs, lemonade shake ups and cotton candy! What kid wouldn't love that!! Now I love the tradition that goes along with it. For the last three years, we have taken the kids to the pulls. Just picture us sitting in the grand stand surrounded by lots of men and boys. Luke holding a jumbo corndog smothered with ketchup, gnawing on the sides of it. Grant sits with an order of nachos the size of his lap carefully dipping each chip into the cheese. Their eyes light up and grow to the size of half dollars when the tractors pull up to the line to start the pulls. Luke especially gets excited when he sees the John Deere tractors pull up to the line. He sits up straight, points at them and yells, "Ohh! Look Papa!! It's a John Deere!" Grant loves going, too. But I think for him, he loves the food! It was a great night and the kids were exhausted by the end of it! Luke will talk about this for another year no doubt! Wish I could show you their expressions, you would love it! Spending time with Papa is so special to them!!! Wes will start the journey with us next year! I can only imagine the fun we will have with all three boys there!




No comments:
Post a Comment