We have been so busy lately that taking the time to sit and blog has gotten pushed aside. I'm hoping to just catch you up on what we've been up to!!
Well, as stated in one of my last blogs, Grant thought my bathing suit looked like a "cow." I have since worn that suit and luckily there were no comments like, "Mom- you look like a cow!!" or "That cow suit looks great on you!" So I am so thankful for that!!! Just thought you might like an update!
Both boys finished up baseball/t-ball and basketball camps. No more running to games or early morning practices for now, however I do realize this will be my life for the next 15 years!!!! A crazy ride but worth every minute!! Life is too short!
We recently held a "Gudeman Water Day" and hosted around 30 kiddos and 12+ adults. We set up two inflatable water slides, Dan's operation slip-n-slide and a small pool. It was a hit! (I think!) Lunch was provided and we had a build your own nacho bar with beef and shredded chicken. Yummy! No major injuries so I consider that a major accomplishment!
Lastly, we spent the weekend in Cape Girardeau with my brother Cary and his wife, Robin. They have an in ground pool that the kids had a blast in. Not to mention the record low temps for Cape!!! Brrr.... But we all got in the pool regardless! Cary even got to jump in fully clothed to "rescue" Wes who decided to step off into the deep without his floaty suit on!!! Yikes!! Cary and Robin are both certified scuba divers so Dan, Grant, Luke and myself each got the chance to "scuba" in their pool. Grant LOVED it and kept asking when it was going to be his turn again!!! When it wasn't his turn you could see Grant snorkeling around the whole pool above whoever was scuba diving!
Luke was a little hesitant even after he finished but that is just Luke. Takes him a few times to get something and then he's a go! He did a great job swimming and loved swimming all the way around to the diving board! He was so brave! Wes did not scuba but almost wore out the diving board. After he figured it all out; jumping in, coming up, swimming to the side and crawling out- all we heard was, "Just one more time!" "Just one more time!" Dan and I talked on the way home how Grant is just getting to the age that he is going to start remembering things. So making memories with family is so important! Grant was crying last night because he already misses Uncle Cary and Aunt Robin.
No super funny stories today, just our family and the things we do! We are looking forward to a few weeks off from activities and then we'll jump in again with flag football. One of Grant's favorites and it will be Luke's first year! Dan and I have a trip planned to Vegas in August and Dan is already making plans on where we are going to eat! I am trying to lose a few extra pounds and Dan informed me yesterday that I need to be working on stretching my stomach out so I can consume as much food as possible!!! Ha! We are really looking forward to our trip and the relaxation that awaits us!!! That's it for now but I am sure that one of the kids will do something that needs to be written down so keep checking back! Enjoy the weather and continue to make your memories with your families! Hugs to all! 



Awesome family pic at the top...get it printed off and framed! The boys all have great smiles...that doesn't happen very often w/ three boys, huh?
ReplyDelete