Kristi asked if I could keep the boys overnight, so that she could go with Dan to a meeting in St Louis. Of course, being the Grandma I am, I took a vacation day and after work drove to Goodfield to stay with the boys. When I got there Dan and Kristi were ready to leave. Dan had made paper airplanes and they were flying all over the house. The paper airplanes were soon downed and the three boys were on to something else. So for the next hour they wrestled and played while I fixed supper.
After supper, as I was doing the dishes, Luke was still sitting at the counter and I asked him if Mom and Dad let Nugget have any “scraps”. He thought for awhile and finally said “Yes, they “scratch” him behind the ears and on the chin and on top of the head”!!!! Well – so much for the “scraps”.
They were all anxious for popcorn and movie, so I went to make the popcorn in Kristi’s new popcorn maker and was informed by Grant that you made popcorn in the microwave! I finally convinced him that I was making popcorn in the new popcorn maker. Wes and Luke sat on top of the counter and Grant stood right next to it to be sure the popcorn was going to POP. As soon as our popcorn was ready it was off to the basement to watch a movie.
“Everyone’s Hero” was quite a funny movie. We watched the tail end of it and started it again and watched it all the way through. Every time there was a funny part, Grant who was running the remote, had to re-play the part. About halfway through the movie Luke wanted some more popcorn, but every time I started to go get him some he would say “Wait – this is a funny part, you can go after this”, finally I refilled his bowl and we were able to get through the movie.
We then moved upstairs to POP more popcorn, yes, Luke and Wes sitting on the counter and Grant standing next to it watching it POP! This time we read some books and then they were off to bed.
Grant and Luke crashed on Grant’s floor and Wes in his bed. When I thought everyone was asleep, I crept back downstairs, only to hear Wes at the top of the stairs telling me that he couldn’t go to sleep with the light off! (I had turned off the hall light when I had come downstairs.) I told him to leave the light on and go back to bed and close his eyes tight!!!!
Don’t know who will end up in bed with me, but for now – All is quiet!
Sincerely-
Grammy Meme
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment