Well, it's July 4th and raining!!! I'll be anxious to see if the fireworks tonight are still a go. Looks like all plans are on hold as of right now. If it isn't raining then I assume we'll have them! Happy Birthday, America!
Yesterday I had the pleasure of taking all three boys shopping with me. I didn't need a lot so I thought, "This should be a piece of cake!" We started at Bergner's with the sidewalk sale. I tried to be quick but with children, it's never quick enough. Before we made it inside, 2 kids were tromping through the landscaping and the other was pointing out everything that we could buy for other people. I knew once we were inside it would only get a little crazier. I mean, racks of clothes that are perfect for hide-n-seek, tons of things hanging that are so fun to watch fall to the ground and not to mention wide, open walkways that are great for sprinting races. Yesterday, I enjoyed all three of those and then some! As we were walking through the department store, I noticed a bathing suit that I thought had my name written all over it! (And that doesn't happen very often!) I thought to myself, "Do I dare even take them to the dressing room and try this swimsuit on?" And, I did. Just so you can have the picture clearly in your head; we were in the junior's department, the smallest fitting room they have, all three boys perched on the floor and myself trying on swimsuits! (If that doesn't make you chuckle, nothing will!) I began trying on suits and as I would turn around, Grant would give me a thumbs up or a thumbs down. A few comments heard were, "Mmm, not so much." or "Oh, I really like that one. Yep, that's the one!" It crossed my mind that someday this child will make one fantastic husband! I'm still not sure if he was just trying to get me out of there faster, that crossed my mind as well. The other two at this time were wrestling on the floor, hitting the side of the fitting room and laughing hysterically. With a few warnings and reminders, they did shape up and were very patient. After finally deciding on a cream colored halter neck swimsuit with black splotches all over it and black bottoms to match (the one I said has my name on it!), we were out of the fitting room. As we were walking out, Grant says, "Mom, I really like the swimsuit that looks like a cow! You made a great choice!" I thought to myself, "A cow, really? He WAS talking about the swimsuit, right??" I just couldn't help laughing uncontrollable after he said that. They were all looking at me wondering what in the world was so funny! I couldn't write something so funny! Truly out of the mouth of an honest 7 year old.
We continued through the store and it made me chuckle when I saw another mom carrying a baby on her hip and dragging another one by the arm. Only a mom would understand this because it probably horrifies some women who are not. Sometimes as a mother, you just don't have any choice. She wasn't being mean or dragging her in an abusive manner, the girl just simply would not put her little tootsies on the ground and walk. As my boys saw this, they stopped everything they were doing and watched with wide eyes. They were mesmerized and probably thinking, "Wow! We NEVER act like that!" Ha! I could hear them chirping out the questions and comments, "Why is she dragging her? "Probably because the little girl doesn't have her shoes on." "Probably because the little girl doesn't want to get her feet dirty." It wasn't ever because the little girl was just being a stinker and wouldn't walk! Just makes you feel "normal" when you see other parents going through similar situations as you. No, I haven't ever had to drag my children through the store but being a parent is the hardest job out there and I salute all the wonderful moms that I know! Keep up the great job! It will pay off in the long run!
So I did buy the "cow" swimsuit and I am posting a pic of the top just for you to see! We finished up our shopping trip with a pretzel and some play time at a little park. The kids were great when I said it was time to go and they all lined up and headed out. I was actually speechless when I didn't have remind them a couple of times and round them up! I was so proud of them!!
Hope you all have a great 4th and enjoy your friends and famlily!




No comments:
Post a Comment