Thursday, September 10, 2009

Home, yet?

Today I chatted with a very wise mother of 5 grown children who just happens to be my neighbor as well. After telling her a quick story, she said to me, "You need to make sure to write that down in Wes's baby book." Her children are all almost raised and gone and she probably wishes there were a few things she would have written down. So I am taking her advice and doing so!
Being that this is the first year that Luke is gone all day to kindergarten, Wes is having to adjust to being all alone and not having a play buddy. The first full day of school started at 8:15 am. I did not have to take the kids to school but Wes and I saw them off in the driveway. When we walked back inside, Wes turned to me and said," Momma, when are Gwant and Yukey going to be home?" I thought to myself, " Oh, buddy. It's going to be a long day!" He was seriously in tears and didn't know what to do with himself. At about 9:00am, the doorbell rang. Wes playing on the floor, jumped up sprinted to the door yelling, "Hooray! They're home, Momma!" Poor guy. Nope, just the UPS driver dropping off a package. Disappointed that it wasn't his brothers, he did get to see the big, brown truck drive away. Funny how they have absolutely no concept of time!!! He still continues to ask when "brodders" are coming home but he's also starting to realize that he gets all my attention and he LOVES that!

No comments:

Post a Comment