Monday, September 28, 2009

Wes's Headache


Wow! I am really behind. I kept telling myself that I was going to sit down and post and as soon as I did, something would happen or come up. I started making a list next to the computer of all the things I want to blog about so I don't forget. (Or at least I hope I don't forget!)


First things first, Congratulations to my best friend in the whole wide world! Jill and Todd just added a baby girl to their family and we couldn't be more excited!!! She looks darling and I cannot wait to get my hands on her. It was a very long and rocky 2 years and they finally have her! Hooray! Welcome Baby Lauren!

Well, a couple of weeks ago Grant had a field trip to a local apple orchard where they learned about how apples grow, how they make apple cider and played on their playground. Wes and I met them there and enjoyed all the fun, too. We brought home some of the yummiest apples! When the kids got home from school they all wanted apples to eat for a snack. So I washed them up and handed them a whole apple each. I wish I would have taken a picture of Grant and Luke's apples. They just might have eaten the core if they could have chomped through it. These apples were demolished! Cracked me up!

Lastly, I'll leave you with one of Wes's sweet phrases. It was on a Sunday morning and we were eating breakfast. We always eat breakfast before we get ready for church. Wes was struggling with his breakfast when he looked at me with those huge, dark brown eyes and said, "My head hurts. What keeps kicking me in the head, Momma?" Poor guy had a splitting headache. Broke my heart but so sweet at the same time. I love my boys and treasure them everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment