This blog was started as a way for me to remember my boys, the things they say, the things they do and the laughs we have. Today's blog is a bit different. I just wanted to reflect on our family and how thankful I am for the family God has given me. What sparked this type of blog? For some time, I have been following a little boy who has had leukemia. He lives in a neighboring town and recently lost his battle. He was such a fighter and held on long past what the doctors thought he would. He was 2 years old. It is crushing to me to think that one of my boys wouldn't be here for whatever reason. I cannot imagine what the mother (and father) are going through and I hope I never have to. He will be buried tomorrow and that family will never be the same. I pray for them and ask you to do the same. I did not know the family personally but being a mother is all it takes for me to know how much she loved her little boy. I pray that God will give them the strength to get through this difficult time.
It is so easy to march through life and never once think about all the things we should be thankful for. We are blessed with so so much. Even just the roof over our heads tonight is huge! It's so bitter cold out and we will cuddle up under our blankets with the heater roaring and not think of those who are struggling outside. There are so many things I could go on about but here's my list tonight:
1. God- he's the reason we are here and we are saved by His grace.
2. My husband who loves me unconditionally. (Even when I make him put my shelves together! :) He provides an amazing life for us!
3. My children- I am so thankful for their health, smiles, laughter and yes, their orneriness!
4. My family- Where would I be without them? So thankful to celebrate with the whole family (both sides and Dan's family in November) this Christmas.
5. All the necessities that are met on a daily basis! Food, water, shelter- I know sounds basic doesn't it, but without those we would be in a world of hurt!!!
6. Our Grandma's- My grandma is in a nursing home and doing so good. She will tell you how awful it is to get old but still gives the best hugs and kisses. Dan's grandmother is doing amazingly well. She is still on her own and never seems to age! Playing dominoes at Christmas with just as much wit as years past. The lessons learned from ladies like these are ones you can never get back. They are so wise beyond their age! Spending a whole day with Gram learning how to make her sweet bread will be a memory that I will cherish forever. I am thankful I did it the day I did because today would not be possible.
So tonight I leave you with this- the mother of the child who just passed away signed her blogs everyday with "Cherish Every Moment." She did just that and she will have all of those moments to help get her through.
So from me to you:
Be thankful, cherish every moment and hug the ones you love! Thanks for being a part of our life!!!
Love-
Kristi
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment