Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween Boo Boos


Ok, so I'm a slacker! It's been a month since I have blogged and I have no excuse! Just keeping busy with everyday life and considered sitting down and blogging several times. We made it through the month of October and it was pretty uneventful. No activities right now, just school. It's kind of nice to just be home and let the kids play outside when the weather cooperates.
Every Halloween we go to Dan's sister's house and trick or treat with her kids. The boys always look forward to it because they get to see their cousins, run wild for a couple of hours and get loads of candy! Who wouldn't love that? Every year it seems as if someone falls and get hurt or spills candy. This year was no exception! Wes was such a fun age this year! He would run from house to house saying "Trick or Treat" as loudly as he could. After giving him candy, he would say "Sank you!" It was so heartfelt and adorable! There were even a couple of houses that he forgot and he was so upset that he forgot to say "Sank You" that he would go back up to do it! We were almost to the fifth house and Wes said, "Momma, trick or treat night is the best night I ever had!" It was so cute. I scooped him gave him a kiss and sent him to the next house. He received his candy and came back to show me. I asked him if he said thank you and he said no that he had forgotten. Of course he went back up to say it! As he was coming back, he tripped and fell. As he went to catch himself, his pumpkin hit the ground first. He did not catch himself with his hands, just his little face instead. Poor guy! He was so upset and had boo boos from his nose to his lip! He was a trooper though! He calmed down and continued with his night. No more boo boos for Wes as that fall was enough! Grant had his typical "fall down on the sidewalk and spill all his candy." Luke decided to take a diving spill off of an embankment into the street. One would have thought he broke his arm!!! He had some scraped up hands but other than that he was unscathed. It bothered him the rest of the night but he would not stop. We ended the night by dumping out all the treats and enjoying just a few. I treasure these years because soon they will be "too cool" to trick or treat and I love to see them all dressed up with huge smiles on their faces! Posted a few pics below of Wes's Boo Boos and the kids all together at the Fall Festival! Hope you all had a great Halloween and got treats, not tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment