Monday, April 26, 2010
Luke
It looks like in this crazy thing we call "life," I got a little sidetracked and completely forgot to post on Luke's birthday. This kid is one of my favorite reasons for getting up in the morning. He has a huge heart and when he talks, you listen. Luke has a belly laugh that is so contagious! The grumpiest old man in the world would even smile. It usually starts off as a little snicker with a wrinkling of his nose and then turns into a full fledged belly laugh. I love it and every time I hear it, it warms my heart and cracks me up! Luke is also like his momma in the sense that he loves his sleep!! He gets the gold medal for going to bed the best EVERY night! After brushing and books, he curls up and goes right to sleep. He doesn't need 15 drinks or 5 times running to the potty. He's ready for his pillow and bed! Luke, as you know, is my thinker. He will stump me with all his questions and I will send him running to his father for the answers but man I love this kid! I am so so blessed to have him in my life and love him with every piece of my heart! Luke suffers from epilepsy and at times it makes me angry. Why would someone this sweet have to deal with something like that? When he has a spell, it rocks me to the core. It makes my heart ache, my stomach is in knots and I just want it to go away. I lay in bed holding him and crying because it's not fair. But, Luke is a fighter and has been through this whole ordeal. He will be stronger because of it. So when I think of words to describe this child so many come to mind; amazing, thinker, fighter, kind, caring, loving, goofy, quiet and one of the lights of my life! Luke, we love you more than you can ever imagine! Keep fighting, thinking and making us all laugh! You're the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment