Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Flicker on the Playground

Well, anyone who knows me well knows that I "flick" our children to get good behavior. It's not a spanking but it's a great way to get good behavior without hitting them or yelling at them. I can usually say, "do you need a flick?" and the quick response is "No!" with an immediate improvement in behavior. It's actually amazing how well this works!!! I'm not one who is convinced that sitting in a time out or sending them to their room works when it comes to getting good behavior. Remember who I'm dealing with here, three wild and crazy BOYS!!!

So a couple of my friends and I were in stitches when Wes came running up to us at baseball practice last night. Every time we go to the park, there's always one kid who has to be the bully. When we were there on Saturday there were two kids being mean but by the time I made it over, they were gone. (And yes, I'm the kind of mom who would go address them and find out what the world is going on! Who are they to think they can push MY kids around?)
I was standing there chatting with a couple of friends when Wes ran up and said, "Momma, you gotta come over because one of the mean kids is there. Not the big one, but the wittle(little) one. Come on, Mom, you gotta come and flick him!" We were rolling! I love how he thinks I can just flick any kid who is misbehaving! I did go check it out, but the kid was off playing nicely when I arrived. So there was no "flicker" on the playground this time! (Even though I would never flick another child, it still made me smile!) Hope your playgrounds are bully-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment