I wondered many times what my children would call their grandparents and no matter how hard you try to get something to stick, the kiddos always come up with their own! As most of you know, my mother is Jeanine. Well, that's a hard name for even adults sometimes let alone, a child. So Grant started calling her "Grammy Neen." Perfect, right? We thought so, until Luke came along. Luke was a little behind in speech and even "Neen" was a struggle to say. He started calling her something and it took us forever to figure it out! If you flip the last two letters in "Neen" you get, "Nene." (pronounced Knee Knee.) Well, somehow it got changed even a little more to "Meme." So let me introduce you all to- Grammy Meme! It's one of those things that if I don't write it down, we just might forget how it got formed! I love it! It's unique and just so fitting!
You might think I forgot about my dad but I didn't! He might have a plain name but he is huge on my kid's list! They adore their Papa Gary!
We love you Grammy Meme and Papa Gary!
And of course we can't forget Grandma Carolyn and Papa Ralph! We love you, too!




No comments:
Post a Comment