Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Are you kidding?

Being a stay at home mom definitely has its perks. We can go shopping any day of the week but that usually means that the husbands don't come with us. Sometimes that's good and sometimes not so good (like when your 5 year old boy has to go potty!)

We (Luke, Wes and myself) were shopping today and as we were riding up in the elevator I asked, "Does anyone need to potty?" Wes was fast asleep with drool dribbling out the right side of his mouth so he was an obvious "No!" Luke says, "Not me! Oh- wait, I do need to go!" That is all that needs to be said! Let's go! Of course the potty is all the way at the back of the upper level and we got stuck behind two elderly women pushing baskets so we made a detour and darted in front of them. (Sorry- when kids have to pee there's no messing around!) We walked up to the door of the women's bathroom and I said to Luke," Ok, go in and go potty. Don't forget to wash your hands and coming right back out!" He stopped abruptly, furrowed his eyebrows (Luke's trademark) and asked, "What? You want me to go in THERE without you?" Let me think about it- YES I do!! "But you're a girl and I am a boy! I can't go in there! How come I can't go into the other one?" About that time, a mom and a little boy walked out. "See" I said, "He's a boy and he went in there!" I then put my hands on his shoulders pushed him into the women's bathroom and said, "don't forget to wash your hands!" You might be asking why? I am the type of mother who always plays defense. Why WOULD I send him into a men's bathroom without knowing if there is a creepy old man lurking in there or not? He rarely goes into the men's bathrooms and if he does it's with his brother or dad. I did explain to him later that I wasn't sure if anyone was in the other bathroom and if he needed help, I could come and help him in the women's. Most women are fine with this and I, personally, have never ran into anyone who is rude about it. I try to use the family bathrooms when they are available but those are few and far between. Just thought it was a cute reaction out of a much older and wiser boy, now that he is five!



Wednesday Notes:

* Luke's favorite thing about today was finding a nickel while I was checking out. He was so excited!

* Wes's favorite thing was "finding the yellow eggs!" Wait a second Wes, that was not today! "Oh," he says. "Playing at the play park at the mall!"

* Grant's favorite thing today was math and recess!!! Not just recess anymore!



Accomplishments:

*Luke started to try and ride his bike with no training wheels!!! You know because he is 5 now!!! :)


What a great, blessed day we had! Thankful for the sunshine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment