Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sayings of the Week

On this rainy Sunday, I had the opportunity to enjoy some much needed "girl" time. A dear friend of mine and a couple of her friends were going out to a movie and Olive Garden. What a great time we had just chatting, laughing and of course, good food! As we were chatting, Jen mentioned that an average two year old should be saying around 150 words!! Wow! Amazing how much they learn at such a young age whether they are able to verbalize it or not! It led me to think about a few funny things my kiddos said this past week.

Luke (age 5)- Luke attended his first t-ball meeting/ practice. The coach asked them to say their name and their favorite baseball team. When it came time for Luke to answer, this was his reply:
" My name is Luke (said in a deep voice) and my favorite team is the Cardinals. My brother used to like the Cardinals but now he's a Cubs fan. Not sure why though!" Truly priceless!!

Wes (age 2)- Wes is a chatterbox and I really am baffled at where he picked this trait up from. Dan doesn't really "chatter" much and myself, well, ok never mind!! :) Here are a few of Wes's most recent sayings:
Mom: "Wes would you like some crackers?"
Wes: Standing front of mom rubbing his belly, "Yoda's hungry! Grumble, grumble, grumble."

Wes: "Momma, can I have some juice?"
Mom: " Yes, just a minute and I'll get you some."
Wes: Throwing his cup off the end of the bed, " I quit! I quit!" Seriously?? Where did he get that from?
These don't even begin to touch all his funny phrases and I just might have to start a funny phrase of the day! I can't even begin to tell you how many times he darts through the kitchen and says, "I'm Anakin! I'm Yoda! I'm Darth Vadar!" Yes, the love for Star Wars has hit this one mighty hard!

Grant (age 7)- Last weekend Grant finally lost his first tooth!! Hooray! We went through the ritual of putting the tooth in the "tooth fairy pillow," checking it 5-6 times to make sure it was still there and then finally placing it under his pillow. The next morning was an exciting one when he realized that the fairy had really come! The expression was so sweet and cannot even be described. Later in the week, he asked me if anyone knows what the fairy looks like and what she does with all those teeth. Here I had already thought I got past the tough questions and then he tossed those at me!! Still so innocent and I dred the day that I lose that!!! Another loose tooth is in the works so it will be interesting to see what questions come next! Probably my favorite daily phrase from Grant is, "Momma, will you snuggle with me?" The day he doesn't ask will be a sad day! I don't lie down with him every night but I do try to as much as possible because I know the end will be here sooner than I want it to be.

What a great quote this is! Enjoy your week!

While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.~Angela Schwindt



No comments:

Post a Comment