Monday, April 27, 2009

Real Baseball?

All this rain is making things so crazy around here. One minute it's sunny and the next is pouring down rain! The farmers aren't sure whether to plant but they all want to get going. (Dan included! They have to wait for everthing to dry out so they can get the fields ready for the farmers!!) It all works hand in hand. So because of all the rain, Luke's first t-ball game got cancelled today. He was a little sad but I had prepared him for it all day, just in case. No curve balls for this kiddo!!!
While I was thinking back about Grant's first t-ball game (2 years ago), one story came to mind. The game had started and Dan was a little late getting there. Grant was out playing in the field when he saw Dan walk up. The next thing we know, Grant ran over to his coach and then towards us. What would you think? Potty, right? Nope, he just said, " Daddy, this is like REAL baseball because there is a catcher!" That was it and off he went back to play his position. It's the little things that are forgotten. I had that one written down because there was no way my mind would have remembered it! He went on to have a successful t-ball season and had a blast playing. However, I think his favorite part was the treat stand after the game. And as I finish up this blog- yep, you guessed it! It's raining, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment