Monday, June 22, 2009

Old Friends

This last week a dear friend of mine came to visit from Nebraska. We had not seen one another in nine years. Yes, I said 9 years! Where does the time go? Nine years and five kids later, we finally got the chance to see one another and spend some quality girl time. After Dan and I were first married, we moved to a small town in Nebraska. Sara was my very first friend (post sorority). We worked together at a small day care and just hit it off. She was my light! Dan traveled a ton so Sara and I spent a lot of time together! Enough that come summer time, she needed a place to stay so she bunked up in our basement! Our friendship had it's ups and downs as all friendships do, but there is a bond between us that is unexplainable. There are few friends in life that can go a long time without seeing each other and then pick back up like no time ever passed. I am blessed to have a handful of friends in which this is true. I treasure those friendships because they can never be replaced! New friends come and go but the old friendships seem to remain solid. I'll admit, when Sara left my house on Friday, I cried. It was so difficult to say good bye but I do know that our friendship is still there and is burning bright. Dan was at a loss for words when he saw me crying. He thought something had happened, and it had. My dear friend was leaving and I didn't know when I would see her again. Just hard to say good bye when good times were had, chatting was great, shopping fun too and a friendship rekindled. Thank you, Sara, for making the trip. We love you and miss you already!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so who's crying now! I couldn't have said it better! Thanks for the absolutely wonderful time! Here's to seeing each other again ~ much sooner than nine years! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete