skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Wow! The temperatures outside were crazy (90+ today with a heat index over 100 degrees!). With that said, it was the perfect day to drag out the water slide and let the kids go! They had a ball! Wes hasn't really been too interested in sliding down the slide so I never pushed it. Today I asked him if he would go down with Momma. He said, "Yes!" Hooray! So I carried him up to the top and let him sit on my lap (yes the water slide will hold me!!) then down we went. He loved it and was ready to go again and again and again! I had to show him how to hold on and put his toes in the pockets to climb up but after he mastered that there was no stopping him! He was absolutely darling! He would climb up, slide down and run all the back to the steps to go again. After really getting the hang of it, he started saying, "That's what I'm talkin' bout!" He would say it every time running to the steps to climb up again! It was too cute. Of course Luke and Grant enjoyed their time on the slide, too. Luke could be heard shouting, " Cannonball 3000 or Cannonball 5000." Not sure the meaning but it sounds cool, right? Grant would yell, "Banzai!" And then after climbing off, he would flex his muscles and make a hulk like sound, "Grr.....". Needless to say, they had a great afternoon and spent at least 3 hours on the water slide! Are you wondering what 3 hours on a water slide equals?3 hours sliding+ hot sun+ 2 Popsicles each= very tired kiddos, easy bedtime and priceless smiles"That's what I'm talking about! "
No comments:
Post a Comment