Sunday, June 21, 2009
Rumbles 2
Well, we had another crazy thunderstorm roll through the other night. It was thundering so much that there were no breaks in between. Grant was the first one to join us in bed. I would roll over to check on him and his eyes were the size of half dollars watching the window for the lightening and keeping us posted that it was still storming. Next to join us was Wes. As you already know, this is the child who cannot handle the thunder. He gets so afraid it's heartbreaking. His little body is just trembling when I finally get to him after he wakes up. Lastly, Luke came down to join us, too. So there we are, all five of us squeezed together in our bed! (Thank goodness we have a king sized bed!) Wes started with the, "Where does wumbles come from?" We've gone through this so many times! Dan answered, "It comes from the rain." So all night long we heard, "Yukey (Lukey), wumbles come from the wain (rain)!" Then he would cover his head back up under the covers. A minute later, " Granty, wumbles come from the wain!" Covers flying back up over his head. How many times did he do this? I lost count! It was darling yet annoying! I was trying to sleep with all three kids in bed, Wes chirping about the wumbles and the real "wumbles" outside that wouldn't subside! You can just about imagine the great night's sleep we all got that night! The absolute joy of having children! It does make thunderstorms a little more entertaining and I am a snuggler so I really don't mind having the extra bodies in bed!!! Here's to the "wumbles!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment