Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Busy Summer

Wow, have we been busy! Since the start of summer, I find it hard to sit down at the computer and type!!! Something has to change!
Grant and Luke are both doing a basketball camp for 2 weeks. We have to be at camp by 8am. This is a bit of a struggle with 3 boys! The older two do pretty good but Wes likes to take an hour to eat breakfast. Needless to say, he has been eating his breakfast in the car! Today after camp was over I asked the coach how Luke was doing. This guy is hilarious. He kind of shook his head and said, " Well, I'm not sure. He just keeps laying down!" I was like, "What?" He proceeded to tell me that Luke would go to the back of all the kids and lie down when they were all sitting there listening. So I asked Luke about it and this is exactly what came out of his mouth, " I was laying down because my brain wasn't working." Seriously, too funny! I did make him take a nap today and he slept for over 2 hours! Guess he was really tired! Basketball is hard work and he's just not used to it! He is having a great but busy summer!
We did break out the water slide this week and the kids are loving it! Wes hasn't gone down it yet but I don't think it'll be long. He was funny the other day when he realized that after the kids slide down he can squirt them with the "cannon" at the bottom. His face was priceless! It went from a straight face to the biggest smile you have ever seen! He is something else!
Luke was cracking up because there were a couple of girls from Grant's class over. Every time they got squirted they would squeal so loudly. I happened to look over at Luke and he was snickering at them! He thought it was so funny!
Grant is enjoying every moment of free time and living life! He loves his DS, playing basketball, baseball and reading! He likes to get the timer out and time himself reading to make sure he gets enough in for the day. He is doing really great at baseball and is making some great plays!!
Feels great to finally post something! Thanks to all of you who are following!

No comments:

Post a Comment