Well, it looks like we've made it to the "thunderstorm" season here in the Midwest. A few nights ago, we had a pretty good one come through. Wes hasn't ever really noticed the thunder and lightening too much. Grant and Luke are fine with them as well. This one, however, had a little more punch when it came to the thunder. I had put Wes to bed knowing full well that he wasn't asleep. I heard the thunder a few different times and then I heard Wes crying at the top of the steps. He does this often so I thought maybe he just wanted Mommy to go to bed with him. I trekked up the steps and he told me, "Rumbles scary, Momma." Such a sweet, sad face. So I took him down to snuggle in bed with Daddy. After getting him settled, I continued on with my night of laundry, dishes and watching mindless TV. When I heard it thunder again, I thought nothing of it. Then as I turned around, Wes was standing in the kitchen with this look of fear on his face with his lip starting quiver. "What's the matter, buddy?" I asked. "Rumbles in your room, too, Momma." (Guess he thought the rumbles were only in his room!) Chuckling, I scooped him up and headed back to our bed with him. I was trying to explain the unexplainable to a 2 year old. Where are the rumbles? Who makes the rumbles? Rumbles hurt me? Luckily the storm passed and Wes was able to get a good night's sleep. Such a sweet stage he is in! Ornery but just darling at the same time. Hug the ones you love today!
Happy Moments of the Week:
Grant finishes up school today! He is so excited and can't understand why mom is going to have him do school work when school is out!! He had a great year!
Luke had a great day on Tuesday with his preschool teacher at her summer program. Fine motor, gross motor, lunch and music! That's my kind of day!
Wes discovered his love for snacks! (kind of has had this love for snacks for a while but now thinks he can just help himself whenever he feels like it!) Wes got to see Papa and Grammy Meme this week so that was a real highlight!
Dan and I: A dear family friend went to be with the Lord this week. Our hearts are heavy but he is in a better place. Prayers for the Moore's.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment