Friday, May 15, 2009

Baseball Day




This was Luke's last week at preschool and Wednesday was their "Baseball Day." It was talked about all week until Wednesday finally arrived. Grant wanted to know all week if they were going to keep score and told Luke that he had to be sure and tell him if they won or not. I kept trying to tell them that it's at preschool, they probably don't keep score and it doesn't matter anyways! But being 7 and 5, you know how well they listen! I had signed up to take cookies for baseball day and to make it a little more special, I made cut out cookies decorated like baseballs. On Tuesday evening, Luke informed me that he would like to wear his t-ball uniform to school because Mrs. Turney said they could. Of course, it still needed washed from a game earlier in the week. So I threw that in as I worked on the cookies. (Yep, moms can multi-task like no others!)
Wednesday morning finally arrived and the weather was so bad that the baseball game had to be played inside. That didn't stop Luke though, he diligently got dressed in his t-ball shirt, pants, belt, long socks, cleats and glove! He looked so sharp! And when I came to pick him up, he was so excited to tell me that they had indeed won the game! It was just darling the excitement he had from his day at school! Even though it was pouring outside, their special day wasn't ruined.
After we got home, I was walking past the bathroom and I could hear Luke in there talking. As I stopped to listen, I heard him shout, "Turney Tigers win! Turney Tigers win!" It was just cute to hear him in there cheering! Yes, when Grant got home Luke told him all the details about his day! (And Mom was wrong because they did keep score!)They are such good buddies! Maybe someday they will play on a team together and be able to cheer on one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment