Well, Grant finally had his first "coach pitch" baseball game tonight!! Hooray! He looked so darling (I'm sure he would say that he looked cool not darling!) in his uniform. He was all decked out in his Giants jersey, grey pants, orange belt, orange socks and black cleats. I wasn't sure what to expect and wasn't sure if the nerves would get him. He did awesome!!! Grant got to bat three times and hit the ball all three times!!! They do play outs so one of his best hits was actually straight at the first baseman and he caught it! Bummer!
I had to laugh because when Grant was getting ready to go bat and "on deck," he would swing and swing and swing. I know you are supposed to practice but it got to the point where I was counting, "15, 16, 17..." Yep- he was swinging away!! I was wondering if he would have any energy left for his actual turn up at bat! But I guess he did!! It was just cute. When Grant was out playing in the field, he kept doing something weird with his hand. I finally figured out that he was playing umpire and every time he thought it was a strike or if it really was, he would take his right hand and do the same strike motion that the umps do. It wasn't a huge motion but enough that it made me watch him to see what the world he was doing!!! At least he was paying attention, right? I can't explain it but when we left that ball field tonight, I was so full of happiness that Grant had so much fun playing this sport. Watching him grow to be such a kind, caring, loving, happy boy is so amazing. (Yes- he is a little competitive, too!) He just has this love and drive for athletics that is hard to explain. He has the same dream that so many little boys do, guess we will wait and see what the future holds for him. This I do know: We are so very proud of him and love him unconditionally!
Monday, May 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment