Those of you who have pets understand when I say that sometimes it's like having another child! We recently put in a patio and therefor our backyard is a mess. We brought in two dump truck loads of dirt to get it level and it hasn't been dry enough to do the final grade and power seed it. (Sure hope the Earlybird grass seed grows fast!!!) After getting about 2 inches of rain yesterday, you can just about imagine what the dog's paws look like when he goes out!! Yuck!!! So this afternoon I decided it was time to clip his nails and trim up the fur on his paws. As I sat outside on the deck, Wes wandered in and out of the house. I asked him if he could go and get the phone for me so in he went. He came out empty handed and I asked him one more time if he could get it. His response was, " Well, I couldn't find it." I hopped up ran in and found it sitting on the counter. As I went back outside to make a phone call and finish the dog's grooming session, Wes must have decided that he was hungry. Knowing full well that there was no way Mom would let him have a treat before dinner, he locked the door by where I was sitting and helped himself to a muffin that was sitting on the counter. When I got up to open the door, I realized he had locked it. I put my hands up to the window and peeked in. There Wes sat at his chair, waving at me and eating a muffin like he was doing nothing wrong! He was so stinkin' cute that I didn't have the heart to get mad at him. He came over, unlocked the door and held up his muffin. Smiling he said, " Look! I got a cupcake!" He was so proud.
This isn't the first time that he was "stolen" food off the counter. On another day, I kept finding gold foil wrappers all over the floors. He finally came up to me and said, " I love chocolate!!" Then it dawned on me where all the wrappers were coming from. He had found the bowl of Rolos on the counter!!! Wes loves his chocolate! I guess he is like his Momma after all!
Happy Moments of the Week:
*Luke finished up preschool for the 2nd year. His teacher was amazing and will be missed terribly. She is a real gem!! We love you, Jean! Watch out, though, Wes will be there soon!
*Grant is really enjoying reading on his own right now. It melts my heart to see him curl up in his bed with a book and start to read. He has come so far this year and we couldn't be prouder!
*Well, Wes was able to lock mom out of the house and enjoy a "cupcake!" He is talking so much right now and can say his whole name perfectly!! Wow! Such a smart little guy!
*Dan caught up on some rest at the end of the week after working two 19 hour days on Monday and Tuesday. Would have been all week like that but we ended up with 2 more inches of rain!
*I am enjoying my kids and loving every minute, every hug, every kiss and every moment. They are so full of life!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment