As I was walking to take Wes to the babysitter's during the birthday party (Luke and Grant were already there), I was giving him a head's up that he would have a couple of sitters and they are really nice. The conversation continued like this:
W: "I don't want a babysitter. I want you."
M: "Well, momma babysits you everyday and you are going to have so much fun."
W: "No. I want you."
M: " You will have popcorn, watch movies and play with new toys. Momma will babysit you tomorrow. And Grant and Luke will be there, too!"
W:" I want you to babysit me NOW because you are my favorite girwal." (melt my heart!!! Yes that is exactly how he says "girl" and yep, we have it on video!!)
M: Tears coming to eyes and completely speechless.
M: "Well, Wes, you are one of my favorite boys, too. I love you!"
Needless to say, he got to spend most of the night with his favorite "girwal." He continued to tell me this the whole Mother's Day. What a wonderful gift. Luke was so excited to present me with his gift he made me. It was a poem with his little hand print. Grant made a bear giving me a big bear hug. They are so thoughtful and proud of the things they made. They should be! Just as my blog says, "I love my boys!!!" Thanks Dan, Grant, Luke and Wes for making my Mother's Day dinner so special! Love you all dearly!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment