Friday, May 8, 2009

TV Debut

Well, tonight was supposed to be our first night that both boys have baseball games back to back. But once again, cancelled due to rain. It's starting to get a little ridiculous, the amount of rain we have had!!! I was really hoping to get a funny story out of one of the games but since that won't be happening, I'll revert back to one of Grant's old games.
Grant was playing for the "Pirates" during his first year of t-ball. There he stood out on the diamond as the "pitcher." There just happened to be a tv sports guy doing a piece for his local show (his daughter was playing on the opposing team). The game went on as planned and we had a few chuckles watching Grant as he was so concerned about keeping the pitching bag/board clean. He would bend down after every play and brush it off with his free hand. It was squeaky clean the whole game!!! What makes this so funny? After we got home, we watched the clip from the tv anchor. He had videoed Grant and sped it up. He played it over and over with Grant sweeping off the board with his free hand. It was super fast and absolutely hilarious!!! I guess you could say it was Grant's tv debut!

Accomplishments or happy moments:
* My happy moment of the week was spending the morning with Grant at the Mother's Day Breakfast. He escorted me down the steps, filled my plate, served me the plate and gave me a big hug and kiss! He told me that he thinks I am special because I help to keep him healthy! Thank you, Grant for an amazing morning!
*Luke went for his Kindergarten evaluation today. He passed with flying colors! She told me that he was the best cutter she had all day! His fine and gross motor skills are fantastic! Great job, Luke! We are so proud!
*Dan's accomplishment was that they finally got a few rigs running until it rained again!!! Keeping our fingers crossed that it clears up.
* Wes is just a little spit fire and keeps me smiling all day long! I was talking to him this morning at breakfast and he furrowed his eyebrows and said, "I am trying to watch this!" Oops, wonder where he's heard that! Not sure why but he thinks the words "foo foo" are so funny! I can say anything and add foo foo and he just cracks up! Gotta love the little things!! Love you oodles, Wes!
Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment