Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Manners
Last night, after a long day, I had decided that I would not lay down with any kiddo at bedtime. I kept warning Wes that he was going to bed "like a big boy." I knew it wouldn't fly! He surprisingly asked, "will Daddy lay down wif (with) me?" "I don't know. You will have to ask him. Maybe if you ask really nicely AND use your manners, he will lay down with you." I replied. Wes looked at me with a curious look and said, "Use my manners? May I be excused please?" Ok- so I didn't specify which "manners" he was supposed to use! I was thinking a begging "pweeeeeasse" would do the trick. Then he piped up and said, "Maybe if I ask real quiet?" I answered, "Well, maybe but I think if you just say please, he might." Wes darted to the other room and whispered, " Daddy, will you lay down wif me?" How can you say no to that? Dan was surprised that Wes asked him and he did go lay down with him. All was good for the night but I think from now on, I will work more "specifically" on which manners are used when. I am the queen of saying, "use your manners!" Which ones???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment